HMRC Business Support
Originally published on Tue, 17th March 2020
A dedicated helpline has been set up to help businesses and self-employed individuals in financial distress and with outstanding tax liabilities receive support with their tax affairs. Through this, businesses may be able to agree a bespoke Time to Pay arrangement. If you are concerned about being able to pay your tax due to COVID-19, call HMRC’s dedicated helpline on 0800 0159 559.
This is a special dedicated helpline number to call regarding deferral of tax payments because of the coronavirus situation
You will need to call as the client (they will not accept agent calls). The deferral applies to PAYE, VAT and Corporation Tax.
In addition please see enclosed link for additional information and help: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-employees-employers-and-businesses.
Mentioned here are the following measures to assist:
- The new Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- 14 days of statutory sick pay per employee will be refunded by the government in full
- Support for those ineligible for SSP (self-employed and those earning below the NI Lower Earnings Limit - £118 p/w (19/20))
- £3,000 cash grant to 700,000 of our smallest businesses, delivered by Local Authorities, and worth a total of £2 billion
- Finally, the government is temporarily increasing the business rates retail discount in England to 100% for 2020-21 for properties below £51,000 rateable value. Nearly half of all business properties will not pay a penny of business rates
As always, please contact us if you need further support, advice or guidance during these uncertain times.