Jobs Retention Scheme - Update
Hope you are all well.
You may have heard in the press that the HM Revenue & Customs portal to claim back the wages of furloughed staff under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) is due to go live on 20th April.
We are currently awaiting further information but in the meantime we want to help you get ready to make a claim under this scheme.
If you’re eligible for the scheme, there are things that you can do now to be ready when the system is up and running later this month.
You’ll need to provide the following to make a claim:
- The bank account number and sort code you’d like HMRC to use when paying your claim.
- The name and phone number of the person in your business for HMRC to call with any questions.
- Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
- The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.
If you use an agent who is authorised to act for you for PAYE purposes, they will be able to make a claim on your behalf, so please speak to them now.
However, if you use a file-only agent (files your RTI return but doesn’t act for you in other matters), they won’t be able to make a claim for you and you’ll need some of the information listed above from them to make the claim yourself.
For more detailed advice, please visit GOV.UK. This guidance is being regularly updated, so please review it frequently.
You may also find this recorded webinar helpful, 'Coronavirus (COVID-19) Job Retention Scheme', available on HMRC’s YouTube channel.
Wishing you all the best at this challenging time.